What is a Digital Fabrication Laboratory?
A Digital Fabrication Laboratory is a place where ingenuity and creativity can be put to advanced skills. A DFL can teach students STEM related topics and give in-depth insight into problem solving, design, and creative thinking. The projects done in a DFL require multiple machines for specific pur- poses. Using a variety of approaches, the right tool can be used to solve a specific problem. This type of learning creates an atmosphere of inventive ideas, technology based learning, encouragement, and fun. The hands-on nature of the lab itself adds to classroom learning. Skills can be practically put to use teaching also about materials science and how technology can achieve objectives.
Digital Fabrication Laboratories share core capabilities, so that people and projects can be shared across them. This currently includes:
- A computer-controlled laser cutter, for press-fit assembly of 3D structures from 2D parts
- A larger (4’x8’) numerically-controlled milling machine, for making furniture (and house) sized parts
- A signcutter, to produce printing masks, flexible circuits, and antennas
- A precision (micron resolution) milling machine to make three-dimensional molds and surface-mount circuit boards
- Programming tools for low-cost high-speed embedded processors
Call or Email us to request a copy of our Digital Fabrication Planning Guide!
OUR FAB LAB SOLUTIONS INCLUDE:
- 3D Mechanical Design
- 3D Scanning Technology
Escan 2.0, Sense 3D Scanner
- Consumer 3D Printing Technology
Invent3D 3D Printer, CubePro, Afina H-Series, German RepRap x350, GermanRepRap x400
- Professional 3D Printing Technology
ProJet x60 Series, ProJet 3500 Series, ProJet 4500, ProJet 5500 Series
- Epilog Laser Engravers
Zing Laser Engraver, Mini Laser Engraver, Helix Laser Engraver, Fusion Laser Engraver
- Roland Subtractive CNC Manufacturing Systems
ARM-10, SRM-20, MDX 540, MDX-40A
- Roland Vinyl Printer/Cutter
SPI 30/54, BN-20, GS-24
Minds-i Foundations and Drones
- Custom Lab Environments
Lista Workbenches & Cabinets, Interior Concepts
Reverse engineering at an affordable price. Imports directly into popular CAD and CAM programs • Exports .stl, .obj, .ascii and other file formats.
Fusion Laser Engraver
By utilizing only the highest-quality components, Epilog Laser systems are known worldwide for their reliability and performance, which translates into less down time and more profits for you.More info